Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fabric Selection for Dear Jane.... Check

So If I was a total tech geek, like my husband, I would rig this post up with some mission impossible music in the background. Then it would set the right mode for this post. As it is you will just have to hum along with me - Dunt dunt dada....

Mission if you choose to accept it - Find colors for your Dear Jane - Probability of success, high - Probability of finding the PERFECT fabric right after you buy and cut fabric.... Guaranteed.

I know me. If I let myself rather than starting my Dear Jane, I could literally take the next 20 months looking for the fabric. So I have decided that I am going to go over to my favorite quilt shop (in this area) Bella's and find fabric IN THAT SHOP to do this quilt. Period end of sentence. I have been looking on line for some sites to link up with and have come across quite a few. Most are traditional, but there are some out there that really pop and speak to me more. I LOVE color.

Back from Bella's and have found some fabric -

Here is what I have chosen to do my Dear Jane in



Took the pictures outside so you could see the natural light - Still on the fence about the background.... We shall see -

Going to do the 1st Block paper pieced - As soon as I test the pattern I will link you up! If not there is always my trusty seam ripper!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like your choices, same colors- softer shades. In looking at some of the other completed DJ's on the web, there is such a variety of tastes. Real brights, pastels, 2 tones. You've inspired me to go to my favorite quilting store, A Heart Like Yours" and do some shopping...nice way to spend a rainy afternoon.
    What squares came in your 1st installment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Can't wait to see what it looks like :)

    ReplyDelete